WHAT DOES A SOFTWARE ANALYSIS CONSULTANCY DO?
WE EXTRACT AND ANALYZE THE DATA IN YOUR CODE
We provide the necessary insights into your code to answer your most difficult IT and business strategy questions. Whether for due diligence on a codebase you are acquiring or quality verification of an internally developed codebase, we uncover the hidden vulnerabilities. By treating your code as data itself, we offer boards of directors, executives, officers, CTOs and others a data-driven analysis that demonstrates the quality, flexibility, adaptability, modularity, and viability of their code. Our previous consulting clients include Ford Motor Company, the State of Michigan, and two multi-billion dollar banks, among others.
HOW WE DO IT
The insights we provide are derived from our custom static analysis on your IT systems. In the simplest terms, we help you understand the intrinsic properties of your code, uncovering the issues that your IT systems are currently or will eventually encounter. We slash your reliance on conjecture and anecdotal information, and instead provide you with the answers and evidence that you need to make the right strategic business decisions for your IT program.
WHAT WE DO
- Translate the built-in properties and structures of your code into the business outcomes you are observing or will be subject to in the future
- Provide you with a concrete, fact-based analysis, supported by graphical data and clear, concise explanations of what factors affect your business and why
- Investigate 100’s of metrics such as test coverage, cyclomatic complexity, coupling, etc.
- Define procedures to correct course and implement automated controls within your software development process
- Present practical, reliable, and actionable results to enhance the value of your IT systems now and into the future
WHAT YOU GAIN AS A CLIENT
You gain an acute awareness of the structure of your code by removing the fog that a lack of firsthand involvement or limited coding knowledge puts between you and the code itself.
- Learn where your company’s software development team is trailing industry best practices
- Gain advanced knowledge of difficulties you will face implementing unit testing, new API’s or other process initiatives
- Discover why your software maintenance cost swelled while user experience has declined
- Leverage the information and tools you need to proactively prevent schedule and cost creep
- Know the properties affecting future modification and the long term viability of your code
- Make strategic decisions with confidence and easily justify them to all interested parties